As former entrepreneurs and operating executives, we are respectful of your time and are committed to providing regular feedback throughout the review process. The process usually starts with a meeting with the management team. If all goes well, we work with the management team to identify the appropriate next steps and outline the due diligence process. The diligence process will include both the Inova Strategic Investments team and subject matter experts from the Inova Health System.
The due diligence process will include significant collaboration between the Inova Strategic Investments team, the Inova Health System and the prospective portfolio company. This collaboration will include a thorough review and joint reworking of the business plan with the goal of maximizing the company’s long-term prospects for success.
Common steps in the due diligence process include:
- In-depth assessment of the product/services by Inova subject matter experts to assess their efficacy, value proposition and strategic impact at Inova.
- Pilots and/or product tests at Inova
- Conducting significant industry and competitive research
- Calling references (both from lists provided by the company and our own network)
- Industry medical, scientific and/or technology experts
- Customers and prospects
- Market analysts
- In-depth interviews with management
- Reference checks on senior management
- Thoroughly reviewing all:
- Organizational documents
- Capitalization tables
- Stock option plans
- Financial statements
- Financial projections
- Marketing materials
- Sales pipelines
- Intellectual property
- Technical documentation